Primary School (EC - Grade 5)
Opened in January 2016, the BIS City Campus on Leopoldstrasse 208 in Munich is a beautifully renovated facility that caters to primary school students in Early Childhood (EC, 3 years old) to Grade 5. The campus is easily accessible via a range of convenient public transportation options and excellent road links. The downtown location is ideal for families with young children living in and around Munich.
The BIS City Campus is an authorised school for the IB Primary Years Programme. These are schools that share a common philosophy—a commitment to high quality, challenging, international education that Bavarian International School believes is important for our students.
Children attending our City Campus have the option to continue their secondary education at the BIS campus in Haimhausen. The Haimhausen Campus will continue to offer both Primary and Secondary education.
The BIS City Campus is a modern, purpose-built facility, offering students a dynamic and nurturing learning environment. The new facility has classroom space to accommodate up to 500 primary students and features the following amenities:
- Secure playground surrounded by mature trees
- Outdoor hardcourt for basketball and football
- Cafeteria offering warm, healthy lunch options
- Library with extensive selection of multilingual reading material
- Music room equipped with an array of musical instruments
- Two storey, generous sized indoor sports hall
- Convenient access to public transportation
- On-site nursing staff
- Customised bus service
BIS provides a top quality international education, which continues to be the best investment for our children.Teodor Milev - Head of Education at MicrosofT
BIS e.V. is a welcome addition to our landscape, as this school provides a digital and international education already beginning in primary school.Dorothee Bär, Parliamentary Secretary for Digital Infrastructure and former spokeswoman of the CSU/CDU
An international school gives kids an appreciation for the world beyond their own country. It expands their horizons, and I know this from my own personal experience with my kids.William E. Moeller, U.S. Consul General Munich
- Where is the BIS Primary City Campus located?
- What ages will be catered for at the City Campus?
- What educational programme will the City Campus follow?
- Is there parking at the City Campus for drop-off and pick-up?
- Why does the City Campus only provide primary education and not secondary as well?
- Is it a health concern to have a school in such close proximity to a petrol station?
- Is there a safety concern regarding the petrol station?
- What is going to happen to the petrol station currently in front of the building on the Leopoldstrasse?
- Is it a health concern to have the school in such close proximity to the Leopoldstrasse, and other large roads?