7-day incidence numbers climb over 50 in Dachau, over 60 in Munich
COVID-19 / News & Updates
We remain in contact with the responsible German authorities and are collaborating with other international schools across Germany, Europe, and the globe. The situation is changing rapidly and information displayed on this page will be updated regularly as new data is received.
Receive automatic ALERTS
Please use this page as your primary source for the most current information regarding the school and it's response. Please sign up to receive alerts by using the 'alert' button (orange bell icon, see below)
7-day incidence numbers in Kreis Dachau rise above 35 per 100,000
Increasing cases in Bavaria - communication to Contact-1 and Contact-2 persons/families
Since 10 April 2020, the Robert Koch Institute (RKI) has no longer identified any international risk areas or particularly affected areas in Germany.
COVID-19 has now spread worldwide. Outbreaks have occurred in a considerable number of countries, some of them with large case numbers; the exact case numbers of other countries are not known. There is therefore a risk of transmission both in Germany and in a vast number of regions worldwide. The Federal Foreign Office has now also issued a worldwide travel warning. From an epidemiological point of view it therefore makes sense to suspend the designation of risk areas.
The RKI recommends the wearing of a mouth and nose cover (aka mask)
in certain situations in public areas as
a further building block to protect high risk populations and reduce the rapid spread of infection of COVID-19 in the general population.
Who to Contact
- Tests are only available after you have spoken to your doctor and she/he has made an appointment for you, e.g. in a clinic or drive through test center. Otherwise the 116 117 is the number you are asked to call
- Hotline Coronavirus: 09131 6808-5101
- Coronavirus Bürgertelefon: 089/ 23344740
- 116 117: free nationwide hotline for non-life threatening conditions
- Emergency Services 112 (only for life-threatening emergencies)
- If you are insured with the TK and you cannot find a doctor in your area to make an appointment, you may call this TK number: 040 - 4606619210 (Monday to Friday- 7.00 to 22.00). You will receive assistance to arrange a doctors appointment. This service is free of charge and in English.
Nurse City Campus
Information for families from our Counselling Department.
Today marks the end of five weeks of distance learning and seven weeks of this intense closeness with your family. How are you coping? The counselling department is here for you if you need us, but you are probably doing better than you think.
Planning a visit to BIS?
Only visits by appointment will be permitted and all visitors to Bavarian International School are required to complete the coronavirus form below. BIS reserves the right to deny entry to campus if any of the statements cannot be confirmed.
Please note that visitors (older than 6 years) must wear a face mask at all times while on Campus.