Please follow each step to successfully submit for BIS admission:
1) Complete an application online making sure to upload all of the required documents and certificates. We are happy to help you with any questions you might have. To complete your application, please also include the following information (forms can be uploaded)
- Copy of student passport or birth certificate
- One passport-sized photograph of the student, ideally in jpg format
- School transcripts and records from the past two years (in English or German)
- Secondary Student Recommendation from current school
- Secondary Student Statement – completed by the student
- Early Years Statement – to be filled out by the current nursery/kindergarten
- Psychological/neurological evaluations for applicants with specific learning needs
2) Transfer the non-refundable Application Fee of € 200 to BIS using the following bank details:
Bavarian International School gAG
DZ Bank München, Germany
IBAN: DE28 7016 0000 0000 022795
reference: Application Fee and full name of student(s)
The application cannot be processed until payment is received.
Please note that payment of the Application Fee does not guarantee a school place.
3) Placement Testing and Personal Interview
Students applying for Grades 6-12 may be required to have a personal interview and to complete an online English placement test and spontaneous writing assignment. Long-distance applicants may be interviewed via Skype.
4) Application review by the Admissions Committee.
5) Notification of Acceptance
If admission is granted, parents will be notified via an acceptance letter. The school contract for the pertinent school year as well as the payment form will be enclosed with this letter.
6) Parents must return the signed school contract and payment form to BIS
7) Payment of Registration Fee
Payment of Registration Fee is due once the school contract has been finalized and before entrance. Invoices will be addressed to parents or to companies as identified in the school payment form and issued shortly thereafter.
8) Invoice and Payment of School Fees
All school fees for students are payable in advance as described in the BIS school prospectus.