How & When To Apply
The Bavarian International School e.V. (hereafter referred to as BIS) is an International Baccalaureate World School and serves the educational needs of the international community in the Greater Munich area.
The school admits students whose academic, personal, social and emotional needs can be met by the school’s programmes and services, and who can be integrated into a mainstream classroom subject to availability at the time of admission.
Applications for admission are accepted throughout the school year.
Students as well as the families of students admitted to BIS are expected to further the School’s Mission and Mandate and to contribute to the BIS Community of Learners.
We request that you do not withdraw your child from his/her present school until he/she has been officially accepted by BIS and you have received notification in writing!
Step 1: Submit a complete application
Before setting up a visit to BIS, we request that you submit and Application for your child/children. We do not charge an application fee, and our application is non-binding.
The following documents must be fully completed and submitted with this application before it can be reviewed. All records except the Early Years Statement must be provided in English.
Application for Admission and Membership
- 1 Photograph (passport size)
- Copy of Birth Certificate or Passport
- Medical Form
- Official school records for the past three years of school
- Two samples of classroom work from the current school year. One sample should be a piece of continuous academic writing, and the other a recent test or assignment from Math class.
- An official Kindergarten/Early Years Statement (children ages 4–6 years only)
- Recommendation Form for Secondary School (applicants to grades 6–12 only)
- Student Statement for Secondary School (for applicants to grades 6–12 only)
- A single page, handwritten letter of introduction written by all students applying for grades 6–12
You will receive confirmation of the receipt of the application. If the application is not complete, the missing documentation will be requested.
Step 2: The application will be reviewed
- Once all of the above have been received, your application will be reviewed according to the BIS Admission & Placement of Students policies.
- Complete applications will be considered by the Admissions Committee, which is composed of the Director, the appropriate school principal, and the admissions officers. The committee will review the application to ensure that the school has an appropriate programme to meet the applicant’s needs and that the applicant’s behavior and attitude are compatible with the school’s Mission and Mandate.
- A personal interview and/or subject specific assessments may be required before admission can be finalized.
- Following careful review of the application you will be notified in writing as to the status of your child’s application:
- Probationary Admission;
- Waiting List or;
- Unsuccessful Application.
- If a place can be offered, an official acceptance letter signed by the Director will be sent to you with an enrolment contract. You must sign and return the Enrolment Contract by the reply date specified on the contract if you wish to ensure the offered place.
- Accompanying the enrolment contract will be a Payment Form. The Payment Form must be signed and returned with the Enrolment Contract, and the Registration Fee must be paid to the school’s bank account as listed on the school Prospectus. A Bus Contract will be provided for your convenience, and need only be submitted in the event that you wish to register for school bus transportation.