From downtown Munich by car
- Take the Autobahn A9 in the direction of Nürnberg/Munich Airport.
- At the Neufahrn intersection (Kreuz Neufahrn) drive onto the A92 towards Stuttgart.
- Take the first exit off the A92, which is Lohhof/ Haimhausen. At the first junction turn right at the first traffic lights towards Ingolstadt (Highway B13).
- Keep going for 1 kilometre until you reach Maisteig (you'll see a large white building on the left-hand side, as you approach the crest of the hill).
- From Maisteig turn left to Haimhausen – continue straight ahead (do not take the right-hand turn into Haimhausen near the bus shelter).
Once in Haimhausen you will arrive at a T-junction. Turn right and proceed for about 500 metres before turning left onto the BIS access road (just before the Shell station). Bear left at the fork in the access road, and then over a small bridge and right, following signs to the main BIS parking lot.
- From Munich city follow the route B13 to Ingolstadt until you reach Maisteig.
- From there follow the directions above, beginning from #5.